|Colour||Area of the body||Represents|
|Crown of the head||Connection with universe|
|Middle of the forehead||Understanding|
|Lower abdomen||Emotions, sexuality|
|Bottom of the spine||Grounding|
What is Colour therapy?
Colour Therapy or chromotherapy is a complementary therapy, which dates back thousands of years to ancient cultures in China, Egypt and India.
Colour is simply light of varying wavelengths, thus each colour has its own particular wavelength and energy.
Each of the spectrum colours (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet), has its own particular energy. We can treat bodily disharmonies with colour from the seven primary colours of the rainbow. It is based on the premise that specific colours have healing and restorative properties related to certain areas of the physical or emotional body.
Colour therapy can help to re-balance or stimulate energy by applying the appropriate colour to the part of the body and which will therefore re-balance the chakras.
Colour Therapy is a totally holistic and non-invasive therapy
One of the most popular ways of applying colour directly to the body, is to use coloured silks. These are used and placed directly onto the body of the patient or onto white clothing.
Colour therapy is safe to use alone or alongside any other holistic therapies. Bob can incorporate it with a Reiki treatment using the coloured silks.
Colour should be a part of our everyday life.
The colour red prompts the release of adrenalin into the blood stream and hence it is connected with aggression and fear. It also eliminates negative energy.
Problems that respond to red include:
- stiff joints and muscles, especially legs and feet
- Red acts as a tonic for colds
- Sluggish circulation and hardening of the arteries
- Lethargy and tiredness, exhaustion and anaemia
- Infertility (root chakra)
- Red can encourage a shy person to come out of themselves
Orange is connected to the lower back and lower intestines, the abdomen and kidneys. It governs the adrenal glands and our gut instincts
Problems that respond to orange include:
- Grief, bereavement and loss
- Shock from deep outrage
- Orange can encourage people to move forward when they are afraid
- asthma, bronchitis, epilepsy
- Mental disorders
- Rheumatism, torn ligaments and broken bones
- Orange can alleviate intestinal cramps
Yellow is connected to the seat of self-confidence and self-esteem in the body. It is connected to the pancreas, solar plexus, liver gall bladder, spleen, digestive system, the skin and nervous system.
Problems that respond to yellow include:
- Yellow helps get rid of toxins and stimulates the flow of gastric juices
- Mentally it clears away confusion and negative thinking
- It boosts self-esteem, lifts depression
- Yellow is particularly useful for fears and phobias
- Good for menopausal flushes, menstrual difficulties and other hormonal problems
Green is connected to the thymus gland, heart, shoulder, chest and lower lungs. Green can indicate difficulty in finding a settles way of life. There may be a conflict of ideas and emotions that causes commotion and upheaval.Green has the ability to discriminate and balance and therefore can lead to correct judgement and action. Green is made up of two primary colours yellow and blue. Yellow brings clarity and blue brings insight; this makes green an important healing colour.
Problems that respond to green include:
- Green is good for shock and fatigue
- It helps biliousness and soothes headaches
- It restores stability to anything malignant
- Green food encourages detoxification and enhances physical stamina.
Blue is the spirit of truth and higher order of intelligence. Blue brings rest and is the tranquil colour of contemplation. Blue values integrity, honour and sincerity and is connected to the throat, upper lungs and arms and the base of the skull. It is related to weight gain and the thyroid glands.
Problems that respond to blue include:
- Blue can help people who have difficulty saying how they feel to speak out
- Children’s ailments such as teething, ear, and vocal problems
- It can also be used for incontinence
- Blue is particularly useful for reducing fevers and for the terminally ill.
Indigo has force and power and transmutes and purifies. It represents our bone structure, especially the backbone and also the pituitary gland, lower brain, eyes and sinuses. Indigo is the strongest painkiller in the spectrum and can clear up bacteria and the results of pollution.
Problems that respond to Indigo include:
- Indigo is good for acute sinus problems
- It is useful for chest complaints, bronchitis, asthma and for the treatment of lumbago, sciatica, migraine, eczema and inflammations
- Can help bring down high blood pressure and is particularly effective for an overactive thyroid
- It is helpful for controlling diarrhoea and is good antidote for insomnia
- Indigo aid kidney complaints
Purple is the visionary colour, working with the highest levels of perception. Physically purple needs to be used sparingly as long exposure to it can be depressing
Problems that respond to purple include:
- It is good for any kind of internal inflammation and for subduing heart palpitations
- It is useful for head problems and irritation of the scalp
- The immune and nervous system can also benefit from purple